- Life Bedford Gardens Hospital
A vacancy exist for a Secretary at Life Bedford Gardens Hospital, reporting to the Nurse Manager, Anthea Myers. The incumbent will be responsible for administrative functions in the nursing department.
- Critical Outputs
- Daily diary management for the senior nursing team.
- Support Unit Managers in practically implementing the read and sign related information
- Schedule meetings and send invites for senior nursing management
- Daily capturing of daily Nursing Labour hours and updating of the Gateway Nursing Excellence and Dashboard report, printing for senior nursing management to sign daily.
- Daily filling of nursing documents and reports for senior nursing management
- Updating of client requested Legal files and update register – keeping track of the movement to and from Legal Team and administrator
- Month-end report data collection (Occupancies, Ventilators days, unit data sheets from units, – Nurse
Manager & Quality section from Gateway for compilation)
- Arrange interviews and interview packs for senior nursing team
- Coordinate complaint feedback meetings with patients and set up appointments for the senior nursing team and units involved with complaints.
- Order stationary for all senior nursing
- Assist senior nursing team in preparation for all training, e.g. room set up, ordering of manuals/booklets, catering etc.
- Update Unit Manager on duty and weekend on-call lists for distribution
- Update and type NFY(New Financial Year) stats templates
- Assist with situational analysis from the College of Learning
- Keep hospital sensitive scorecard updated on monthly basis
- Capture comments cards and PDA capturing
- Request unit data sheets daily and submit to senior nursing
- Compile daily purposeful round documents for discussion at review including huddles and perfect ward audits for the day
- Book venues, compile agenda and minutes and circulate within 48 hours of meeting
- Typing power point presentation for the nursing team
- All administrative tasks as required by the senior nursing team.
- Agency : Send training/meeting schedules and relevant agency communication and reports , HR Kronos
monitoring, agency checking of invoices.
- Grade 12 and computer literacy (computer efficiency tests will be performed)
- An enthusiastic, motivated, well organised individual with initiative and ability to handle pressure.
- Able to work overtime if required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are prerequisites
- Prior knowledge and experience of hospital environment, a requirement.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Thursday, May 5, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.