RN Theatre Qualified Main Theatre
- Life Rosepark Hospital
- RN Theatre Qualified Main Theatre
A vacancy exists for a Theatre Qualified Registered Nurse in our Main Theatre at Rosepark Hospital situated in Bloemfontein. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Theatre Manager, Tilana Louw.
The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning and co-ordination of the Main Theatre and ensure quality nursing care to all patients.
- Critical Outputs
Ensuring effective financial management by
- Ensuring accurate charging by managing theatre clocking time
- Ensuring consignment stock, equipment and prosthesis is charged according to policy
- Managing stock by participating in regular stock taking and controlling of the consignment stock in accordance with the hospital (local) policy
Affecting the functioning of theatre equipment and instrumentation by
- Ensuring the correct use of theatre equipment and instrumentation by educating and supervising staff on the correct utilization of the equipment
Providing Quality patient care by
- Obtaining the correct information pre-operatively and visiting the patient post-operatively
- Ensuring that the patient is comfortable and assist the doctor during the surgical procedure
Ensuring effective people management by
- Providing theatre specific training and assessing the competence of staff
- Assist the Unit Manager to correctly monitor the normal and overtime hours
- Ensure the threatre team works according to the scope of practice
- Give feedback to the unit manager in order to assess optimal performance
Effective SHEQ management by
- Ensuring the use of personal protective clothing and complying with ISO requirements
- Ensuring the disposal of medical waste in order to effectively control infection
Effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Attend review and consultative form meetings to maintain healthy relationships with internal stakeholders
- Maintain a healthy relationship with external stakeholders by reporting and escalating unresolved issues to the unit manager
- General Nursing Degree / Diploma
- Registration with SANC
- Diploma in Operating Theatre Nursing Science is essential.
- Relevant experience and technical skill to meet the critical outputs
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency would be an advantage
- Must be able to work under pressure in a continuously changing environment
- Competencies required are good people management skills
- To be a competent Shift Leader giving specific attention to detail.
- An ability to work calmly under urgent/difficult circumstances as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Must have strong clinical ability
- Leadership and performance orientation.
- Good organizational and management skills are essential as well as teamwork and strong customer orientation.
- 051 505 5519
- Closing date
- Friday, June 18, 2021
*We will no longer be accepting hand delivered CV’s
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.