- Life Rosepark Hospital
- Renal Technologist
We are looking for a self-motivated Renal Technologist for our 12 bed Renal Dialysis Unit at Life Rosepark hospital in Bloemfontein. The above position report to the Unit Manager, Thabo Booysen. This unit is offering a full range of life-supporting treatments used in the management of renal failure. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of quality patient care. Be part of a professional team that is continuously striving for the highest standards of quality in healthcare in a high tech environment.
- Critical Outputs
- Assist the unit to meet the requirements of quality patient care.
- Exercise timeous and accurate report writing.
- Accurate charging for the utilization of renal consumables.
- Assessment of patient’s Dry weight and dialysis prescription.
- Ensure all dialysis procedures are carried out using clean techniques and within Life Healthcare guidelines.
- Ensure that activities carried out comply with HPCSA regulations, relevant legislation and Life Health Care policies and procedures.
- Knowledge into renal water treatment systems (reverse osmosis).
- Understand the importance of dialysis machine and R.O disinfections and water testing.
- Assist with patient education – renal dietary support, chronic medication and basic social support (liaise and arrange professional social support whenever necessary).
- Knowledge and experience into both chronic and acute dialysis treatments (HD, CRRT, Plasmapheresis, Peritoneal dialysis).
- Maintaining and managing an environment in which excellent patient care is rendered.
- Applicants needs to be a Renal Technologist, registered with the HPCSA.
- At least 3 years’ experience in working in a Renal Dialysis Unit is essential.
- Relevant courses done will be an advantage.
- A passion for the needs of the patients and a strong desire to expand your professional skills under the guidance of our dynamic multi professional team is all that is required.
- High professional standards and a commitment to your own development.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- The ability to supervise sub ordinates and manage unit work load.
- Able to participate in on-call duties, weekends, public holidays and standby after hours.
- Reliable transport is essential.
- 051 505 5439
- Closing date
- Friday, February 26, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.