- Life Pasteur Hospital
- Rehabilitation Secretary
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Life Pasteur Hospital, for a Rehabilitation Secretary reporting to the Therapy Services Co-coordinator. Life Rehabilitation at Pasteur Hospital is part of an expanding network of rehabilitation units within Life Healthcare Group.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure excellent patient and customer service in accordance with Life Rehabilitation standards.
- This also includes professional telephone skills.
- Compiling and sending of all patient reports to funders and referring doctors.
- Managing ward inventory and quarterly stock take.
- Management of all hospital related IM reports.
- Preparing all admissions documentation for therapists and doctors, updating files and signing off al discharged files.
- Set up of patient appointment and transport to and from acute hospitals.
- Responsible for effective filing system and storage of electronic data as per requirement (this includes al patient and unit documentation). General clerical and administrative work as allocated by the Therapy Services Coordinator, RACs and Doctors.
- Managing the diaries of rehabilitation doctors with family meetings, rep visits, assisting with new claim forms for patients already discharged.
- Assist with marketing events as scheduled by Therapy Services Coordinator.
- Capturing of labour hours, stats and other data.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all other functions within the hospital and referring doctors.
- Ensure immediate channelling of referrals to RACs.
- Effectively respond to queries and handle accordingly.
- A minimum qualification of Matric and Secretarial experience / qualification are essential.
- Computer literacy, proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and accurate typing is essential.
- Hospital experience will be an advantage.
- The ability to work in a high stress environment.
- Must be able to prioritize and work under pressure
- Competencies required are attention to detail, results orientated, well organized, excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Customer focus, commitment to continuous improvement, the ability to work independently and management of time is required.
- 051 505 5519
- rp.recruitment@lifehealthcare .co.za
- Closing date
- Friday, February 28, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.