Rehabilitation Practice Manager
- Life Eugene Marais Hospital
- Rehabilitation Practice Manager
A vacancy exists for a Rehabilitation Practice Manager at the acute Rehabilitation Unit based at Life Eugene Marais Hospital, reporting to Adriaan Jordaan, Hospital Manager. The successful candidate will be expected to manage the rehabilitation unit using strategic vision and focus on the required business and administrative outputs.
- Critical Outputs
- Overall management of the operational and staff outputs for the rehabilitation service.
- Promote optimal unit growth and utilization and promoting good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Implement a focused marketing strategy, including relevant marketing events.
- Overseeing and supporting case management when required, and fostering positive relationships with funders.
- Participation in development and implementation of national initiatives.
- Ensuring the effective training and education of staff/stakeholders.
- Ensuring rehabilitation care activities carried out comply with the S.A.N.C. and HPCSA regulations, relevant legislations and Life Healthcare policies and procedures to meet the requirements of quality patient care.
- Efficient and cost effective staffing according to Life Healthcare standards and appropriate staff management.
- Overseeing all services, including maintenance, cleanliness and hygiene, and ensuring adherence to infection control policies and procedures, as well as safety policies and procedures.
- Managing the budget, including control and maintenance of equipment, request for Capex, stock control in co-operation with pharmacy, and control of staff cost.
- Implementing and maintaining appropriate participation in management structures to achieve all negotiated performance targets.
- Grade 12 National Senior Certificate
- Relevant healthcare professional qualification
- Current registration with the relevant professional / regulatory body
- Minimum of 5 years’ clinical experience in a team oriented clinical environment, as well as a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a management role
- Experience in a rehabilitation environment is strongly recommended
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Proven leadership abilities a prerequisite
- Must be computer literate
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading my example (Key for Managers)
- Motivating and developing people (Key for Managers)
- Closing date
- Friday, January 22, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.