Rehabilitation Clinical Specialist x1 (permanent)
- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Rehabilitation Clinical Specialist x1 (permanent)
A permanent position for a Clinical specialist exist at the Entabeni Rehabilitation unit, Durban. This job exists to create capacity within the clinical rehabilitation therapy team at to mentor, develop and train therapists, and to monitor and manage the delivery of excellence in clinical services. It facilitates clinical leadership and consolidates the rehab structures and clinical standards within the services provided. The position will report to the Therapy Services Coordinator.
- Critical Outputs
- Support clinicians to ensure comprehensive quality therapy delivery and maintenance of clinical standards within rehabilitation service
- Supporting the Rehab Therapy Services Coordinator in supporting the therapy team towards service delivery compliance and clinical improvement projects
- Managing change implementation with regards to service delivery and patient care
- Staff development through mentoring, training and facilitating clinical skills development for all therapists
- Coordination of training activities within the unit, including student training
- Coordination of external rehab therapy training
- Development and co-ordination of the internal Continuing Professional Development program
- External marketing of unit and business through positive networking
- Coordinate research initiatives
- Qualified Rehabilitation Therapist, currently registered with HPCSA
- 8 years or more years’ post-graduate with 5 years of adult neurological rehabilitation experience, preferably in a team environment
- Proven and recognised further training within their profession in the field of rehabilitation is essential
- Proven interest in developing skills and in involvement in professional development opportunities, including attendance and involvement in congresses and skills courses
- Experience in student training for relevant profession
- Expert clinical skills in adult neurological rehabilitation
- Teaching skills and mentorship capacity Initiative and interest in creative service development
- Organised, results-driven and team-oriented
- High level of drive and motivation, with ability to instil motivation in team-members
- Active problem-solving ability, strong teamwork approach and good interpersonal relationship skills,
- Strong effective communication skills, leadership and performance orientation ability
- 086 677 9464
- Closing date
- Saturday, October 9, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.