Rehabilitation Admissions Consultant
- Life Pasteur Hospital
- Rehabilitation Admissions Consultant
A challenging position for a permanent Rehab Admissions Consultant exists at Life Pasteur Hospital, reporting to the RAC Team leader, Elzette Williams.
The Rehabilitation Admissions Consultant will be expected to engage with all internal and external stakeholders to create awareness, assess and arrange admission of patients to the rehab and sub-acute units, case management and liaison with funders and more. Life Rehabilitation at Pasteur Hospital is part of an expanding network of rehabilitation units within Life Healthcare.
- Critical Outputs
- All below outputs will be performed in line with agreement with the RAC Team leader.
- Conduct patient assessments at acute hospital or home and coordinate rehab admission for all for all patient referrals.
- Liaise with funders to obtain authorization for admissions and ongoing case management during patient stay.
- Communicate effectively with the rehab team, funders and referring colleagues, patients and their families before and during the patients stay at the rehabilitation or sub-acute units.
- Promote and grow new business and participate and drive the implementation of new products.
- Assist in developing a marketing strategy for rehabilitation, applicable to the catchment area, referral base and funders.
- Participate in the implementation of the marketing strategy to promote and maintain a strategic relationship with all key internal and external stake holders.
- Assist to coordinate CPD events, special events and celebratory days.
- Coordinate internal and external communication.
- Maintain a referral and stakeholder data base.
- Working knowledge and adherence of all Life Healthcare Policies and Protocols.
- Deliver cost-effective care through efficient business processes, optimal resource utilisation and benchmarking of facilities.
- Ensure all patient services and case management targets are met and procedures are followed.
- Specific Health Professional with several years of appropriate clinical experience i.e. RN, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist etc.
- Experience of working with and influencing an inter-disciplinary professional team.
- Current registration with HPCSA or SANC.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer Literacy.
- Own transport.
- Experience in hospital Case Management.
- ICD10 Coding /CPT trained would be an advantage.
- Clinical experience in neurology, neurosurgery or rehabilitation.
- Ability to liaise and build good working relationships (with referring professionals).
- Knowledge of the hospital industry and experience with Managed Care Organization, Medical Aids and IMEDS.
- Must be prepared to be available after hours for marketing events or urgent client matters.
- Must be bilingual (Afrikaans & English).
- 051 505 5519
- 086 646 7529
- Closing date
- Monday, April 22, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.