Rehab Medical Officer Senior
- Life Springs Parkland Hospital
- Rehab Medical Officer Senior
A vacancy exists for a Rehabilitation Doctor at the new 15-bed Life Springs Parkland Rehabilitation Unit in Gauteng, reporting to the Hospital Manager Cora Muller. The overall purpose of this challenging position is to provide clinical services at the rehabilitation unit. Life Springs Parkland Rehabilitation unit is part of an expanding network of rehabilitation units within Life Healthcare.
- Critical Outputs
- Clinical assessment and daily management of patients admitted to the unit, including weekend, public holiday ward rounds
- After hour telephonic on-call support and on-site emergency care
- Participation in family meetings and team goal setting and rehab plan review meetings
- Participating in compiling of patient reports to funders and referring doctors
- Promote and maintain sound and productive relationships with doctors and stakeholders in the field of Rehabilitation.
- Assist with the marketing of the business and the positioning of the unit in the provision of this challenging service.
- Create a unit culture, which promotes business objectives, a performance / results orientation, customer focus and teamwork.
- Disseminate best-practice evidence internally and externally via CPD activities, congresses, and peer reviewed literature
- Monitor the service provided and ensure a high-level professional training for staff.
- Actively participating in continuous professional development opportunities with other rehab doctors in the group
- Participate in the development and implementation of new clinical services / products.
- Represent the image of the company at a professional level.
- Approachable and able to work within an interdisciplinary team
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships & influencing of referring specialists and other stakeholders
- Organisational awareness
- Time management
- A MBBCH, registration with the HPCSA as medical doctor
- Specialist specialty is an advantage
- Hospital-based clinical experience in acute rehabilitation, neurology, orthopaedics and/or general medicine is a requirement
- Experience in leading a team of professionals and successfully providing clinical supervision to professionals will be an advantage
- Financial acumen as well as excellent interpersonal skills are important for the position.
- Closing date
- Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.