Rehab Attendant Rehabilitation Unit
- Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital
- Rehab Attendant Rehabilitation Unit
A vacancy for a Rehab Therapy Assistant at the Life Vincent Pallotti Rehabilitation Unit. The successful candidate will report to the Therapy Service Coordinator, and will be expected to contribute to the Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital Rehab is part of an expanding network of rehabilitation units within Life Healthcare.
- Critical Outputs
- Conducting basic therapy ward duties as under supervision of directing therapist.
- Ensure excellent quality patient and customer care in accordance with Life healthcare standards.
- Maintaining all Health, Safety and Infection Control Standards.
- Ensure sound relationships and communication with the inter-disciplinary team, patients and relatives.
- Minimum 2 years Occupational Therapy / Physiotherapy assistant training or therapy technician training with a recognised institution and registration with the HPCSA as Occupational Therapy / Physiotherapy Assistant or Technician. OR a Higher Certificate in Disability Practice completed at a recognised institution. Training in Home Based care with a recognised institution will also be of further advantage.
- A matriculation certificate.
- Good communication skills with the diverse customers.
- Proven experience record in a rehab setting will be an advantage.
- Essential competencies are a caring positive attitude, customer focus and a commitment towards continuous improvement.
- The successful candidate will have to work straight swifts (5 days per week) from 8:00 – 16:30 and every third Saturday from 8:00 – 12:00.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- 021 506 4150
- 021 506 5187
- Closing date
- Monday, April 16, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.