Rehab Admissions Consultant - Permanent
- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Rehab Admissions Consultant - Permanent
Are you confident and highly motivated, lateral thinker looking to stretch yourself professionally? A challenging position for a permanent Rehab Admissions Consultant exists at life Entabeni Rehabilitation unit - KZN. Reporting to the Rehabilitation Practice Manager, the Rehabilitation Admissions Consultant will be expected to engage with all internal and external stakeholders to create awareness, assess and arrange admission of patients to the unit, case management and liaison with funders and more. Life Rehabilitation at Entabeni Hospital is part of an expanding network of rehabilitation units within Life Healthcare.
- Critical Outputs
- Conduct patient assessment sat acute hospital or home and coordinate rehab admission for all for all patient referrals
- Liaise with funders to obtain authorization for admissions and ongoing case management during patient stay.
- Communicate effectively with the rehab team, funders and referring colleagues, patients and their families during the patients stay at the rehabilitation unit.
- Build positive relationships with referring doctors, nursing staff and funders.
- Promote and grow new business and participate in the implementation of new products
- Develop a marketing strategy for rehabilitation applicable to the catchment area, referral base and funders.
- Implement the marketing strategy to promote and maintain a strategic relationship with all key internal and external stake holders
- Coordinate CPD events and special events and celebratory days
- Promote and grow new business.
- Coordinate internal and external communication
- Maintain a referral and stakeholder data base
- Any Health Professional with several years of clinical experience i.e. Registered Nurse, or Therapist i.e. Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist etc
- Current registration with HPCSA or SANC
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer Literacy very essential
- Own transport very essential
- Experience in hospital Case Management would be an advantage
- ICD10 Coding /CPT trained would be an advantage
- Clinical experience in neurology, neurosurgery or rehabilitation would be an advantage
- Ability to liaise and build good working relationships (especially with referring specialists)
- Knowledge of the hospital industry and experience with Managed Care Organization, Medical Aids and IMEDS
- 086 679-6911
- Closing date
- Monday, April 15, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.