Rehab Admissions Consultant (4/8 position)
- Life Springs Parkland Hospital
- Rehab Admissions Consultant (4/8 position)
A challenging position for a permanent Rehab Admissions Consultant exists at the 15-bed Life Springs Parkland Rehabilitation unit (Gauteng). Reporting to the Rehabilitation Unit Manager, the Rehabilitation Admissions Consultant will be expected to engage with all internal and external stakeholders to create awareness, market the unit, assess patients referred for Rehabilitation and arrange admission of patients to the unit, case management and liaison with funders and more. This position may be considered with the Therapy Services Coordinator position (4/8). Life Springs Parkland Rehabilitation Unit is part of an expanding network of rehabilitation units within Life Healthcare. This position reports to Mrs Ntokozo Tladi, The Rehabilitation Unit Manager.
- Critical Outputs
- Travel and conduct patient assessment at acute hospital or home and coordinate rehab admission for all for all patient referrals
- Liaise with funders to obtain authorization for admissions and ongoing case management during patient stay.
- Communicate effectively with the rehab team, funders and referring colleagues, patients and their families during the patients stay at the rehabilitation unit.
- Manage the rehab accounts and credit risk
- Build positive relationships with referring doctors, nursing staff and funders.
- Promote and grow new business and participate in the implementation of new products
- Develop a marketing strategy for rehabilitation applicable to the catchment area, referral base and funders.
- Implement the marketing strategy to promote and maintain a strategic relationship with all key internal and external stake holders
- Coordinate CPD events and special events and celebratory days
- Coordinate internal and external communication
- Maintain a referral and stakeholder data base
- Registered Nurse
- Current registration with SANC
- Excellent organisational skills essential
- Computer Literacy very essential
- Knowledge of accounts management essential
- Experience in hospital Case Management a requirement
- ICD10 Coding /CPT trained would be an advantage
- Clinical experience in neurology, neurosurgery or rehabilitation would be an advantage
- Ability to liaise and build good working relationships (especially with referring specialists and hospitals)
- Knowledge of the hospital industry and experience with Managed Care Organisation, Medical Aids and Impilo
- Own transport and valid drivers’ license
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Influencing skills
- Action orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Visible leadership
- Motivating and developing people
- Closing date
- Wednesday, May 18, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy. Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.