Registered Nurses x 2
- Mangaung Correctional Healthcare Centre
- Registered Nurses x 2
Vacancies exist for a Registered Nurse in the Health Care Centre, based at Mangaung Correctional Centre, reporting to Felleng Maphile, Nursing Manager (Life Esidimeni). The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of quality patient care.
- Critical Outputs
Ensure professional, ethical practice in the unit
- Provide Primary Health Care services in line with Department of Health treatment guidelines and protocols
- Provide and supervise nursing care in accordance with legislation that directly and indirectly governs nursing practice
- Provide and supervise nursing care in accordance with ethical codes that directly and indirectly guide nursing practices
- Accept accountability and responsibility for own professional actions
Ensure the provision of competent, clinical nursing care in the unit
- Use the scientific process of nursing to initiate and manage comprehensive nursing care plans that will ensure quality nursing care
- Coordinate and supervise nursing activities of members of the healthcare team who provide basic care
Customer Satisfaction: Enhance patient satisfaction
- Utilize available management tools and strategies to enhance patient experience through continuing quality improvement initiatives e.g. CFS and Qe
- Assist in the management of patient complaints
Build professional relationships with the members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Cooperate fully with the members of the multi-disciplinary team and independently delivering nursing care
- Assist in the management of complaints from members of the multi-disciplinary team
Safe Environment: Assist in maintaining an environment which is both emotionally and physically safe
- Utilise available management tools and participate in proactive management strategies to ensure an emotionally and physically safe patient environment e.g. SHEQ and infection control
Business Efficiency: Contribute to business efficiency through cost effective patient care, interdepartmental cooperation and economic use of all resources
- Utilise and supervise adherence to interdepartmental requirements with regard to stock management, case management
Coaching and mentor staff
- Participate in staff recognition and reward management strategies
- General Nursing Degree / Diploma
- Registration with SANC
- Relevant experience and technical skill to meet the critical outputs
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency would be an advantage
- 051 505 5519
- Closing date
- Thursday, October 15, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.