Registered Nurses ICU Qualified X2
- Life Peglerae Hospital
- Registered Nurses ICU Qualified X2
Vacancies exist for ICU Registered Nurses (critical care trained) in the Intensive Care Unit, based at Life Peglerae Hospital, reporting to Unit Manager.
The successful candidates will be responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of quality patient care.
- Critical Outputs
Ensure professional, ethical practice in the unit
- Provide and supervise nursing care in accordance with legislation and ethical codes that govern nursing practice
- Coordinate and supervise nursing activities of members of the healthcare team who provide basic care
- Assist in the management of patient complaints
Build professional relationships with the members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Cooperate fully with the members of the multi-disciplinary team and independently delivering nursing care
- Utilise available management tools and participate in pro active management strategies to ensure an emotionally and physically safe patient environment e.g. SHEQ and infection control
Business Efficiency: Contribute to business efficiency through cost effective patient care, interdepartmental cooperation and economic use of all resources
- Utilise and supervise adherence to interdepartmental requirements with regard to stock management, case management and billing
- Assist in staff development through the provision of appropriate on the job in-service education
- General Nursing Degree / Diploma
- Registration with SANC
- Experience and training in an ICU setting is essential
- Willingness to be flexible as per needs of the unit and willingness to Shift lead and work Night Duty
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organizational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- 014 597 7278
- Closing date
- Tuesday, December 17, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.