- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Registered Nurse
Are you confident and highly motivated lateral thinker looking to stretch yourself professionally? A challenging position for a Registered Nurse exists at Life Entabeni Acute Rehabilitation unit, KZN, reporting to the Nursing Services Coordinator; the successful applicant will be expected to work as part of an interdisciplinary team, offering quality customer service. Life Entabeni Rehabilitation unit, is part of an expanding network of rehabilitation units within Life Healthcare group.
- Critical Outputs
- Very good leadership skills, and experience in management of other nursing categories according to their scope of practice
- The ability to work within a interdisciplinary team
- Ability to lead a shift and conduct duties as allocated by the Nursing Services Coordinator /Manager.
- Ensuring that basic nursing care activities are carried out to comply with SANC regulations, relevant legislation and Life health Care policies and procedures.
- High professional standards and a commitment to own development.
- Effective risk management of the unit by complying with Health, Safety and Infection
- Control Standards, policies and procedures
- Maintain patient outcome standards according to the Quality Management System.
- Maintain sound professional relationships and communication with patients, relatives and the inter-disciplinary team.
- Effective participation in the management of unit costs(stock, staffing, equipment etc)
- Identify training needs and initiate facilitation
- Current registration with SANC as a Registered Nurse
- Must be flexible and be prepared to work shifts
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Must have strong customer orientation, and be an excellent team player
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Experience in a Rehab/neurological setting/ unit will be an advantage
- Closing date
- Friday, August 23, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.