- Chempark, Chloorkop
- Registered Nurse
A half day vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse reporting to the Unit Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for rendering a quality occupational health service which is effective and efficient, and exceeds customers’ expectations for an Occupational Health clinic. This position is based at Chempark, Chloorkop.
- Critical Outputs
- This position is 75% administration focused but may require assistance with clinical work or counselling on an ad-hoc basis.
- Meeting the prescribed professional and quality standards of both Life Occupational Health and the Clients.
- Ensuring the total satisfaction of our clients through continuous improvement and added value
- To coordinate and facilitate all medical surveillance requirements, nationally.
- To ensure that all completed medicals have a valid certificate of fitness.
- Liaison with other service providers as required.
- Minimize the anticipated loss of on-site clinics.
- Secure on-site clinic growth.
- Retain existing business.
- Manage cost of staffing and other costs to achieve profit goals.
- Monitoring the health status of employees through on-going monitoring programmes according to the SOP.
- Providing information the Client can utilize to eliminate, control and minimize health risks and hazards to which the employees are, or may be exposed.
- Coordination of wellness activities
- Working effectively within a budget and ensuring smooth administration of all aspects of the services
- The following qualifications are required:
- Qualifications in General Nursing
- Registration with SANC;
- Sound knowledge in the provision of Wellness Services – an additional qualification in wellness/ SANS 16001 would be advantageous.
- Registration with SASHON - Audiometrist
- Certificate in Competency:
- TB/ HIV and STI’s
- HIV Counselling and Testing
- Computer literacy essential
- Own, reliable transport is required
- Candidate will be required to travel locally from time to time
- Candidates who are results orientated, have initiative and the ability to deliver quality outputs will be most suitable for this position.
- Customer orientation, focus and teamwork complete the profile.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Proactive Engagement and Teamwork
- Influencing skills
- Motivating and developing people
- Drive and energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Customer responsiveness
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Closing date
- Friday, October 18, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.