Registered Nurse: Trauma
- Life West Coast Private Hospital
- Registered Nurse: Trauma
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse based in the Trauma unit Life West Coast Private Hospital reporting to Sr. Esmarie Rousseau, Unit Manager. The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning of the unit and ensure quality nursing care to all patients.
- Critical Outputs
- Conduct duties to meet the requirements of quality patient care.
- Ensure that all nursing activities are carried out in compliance with SANC regulations, and Life
- Healthcare policies.
- Maintenance of Infection Prevention standards, as well as promotion of health and safety
- Maintaining excellent patient and customer care aligned to Life Healthcare standards
- Effective record keeping
- Building professional relationships with doctors and Multi disciplinary teams
- Ensure that the unit is running according to acceptable legal standards
- Must be a Registered Nurse with SANC
- Relevant experience in a medical and surgical ward as an RN is essential.
- Experience in a Life hospital and Trauma experience will be advantageous.
- Must be flexible to work on both day and night duty/shift work required
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage.
- Competencies required: Strong customer orientation, team player, energetic, resilient and well organised, fast worker
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Strong inter-personal skills required
- Required to have good critical clinical decision making skills
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- 022 719 1030
- Closing date
- Friday, October 19, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.