Registered Nurse Trauma Exprienced
- Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital
- Registered Nurse Trauma Exprienced
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse, Trauma Experienced, based at Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital, reporting to Stella Govender the Unit Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing holistic and optimal quality nursing care to critically ill patients in order to maximize a positive outcome for the customer in line with Company & Hospital strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
To provide quality patient care by
- Providing quality basic and specialized nursing care
- Continual communication with the patient and family with regards to the patients condition
- Administering of medication in accordance to ethical, legal framework
- Review and comply with internal policies and protocols
- Ensuring quality management systems and initiatives are conducted according to the unit specification
- Advocate the patient by motivating acuity to the case management and notify the doctor of any limitations
Provide effective people management while interacting with a multi-disciplinary team
- Interacting and communicating with a multi-disciplinary team
Provide effective cost management by
- Managing all stock used according to unit specific policies and protocols
- Control and manage staff hours leave in accordance with the company policy
Provide effective Infection Prevention and Health and Safety by
- Maintaining a safe and holistic patient environment in order to enforce infection prevention.
- Promoting a safe and healthy working environment by completing SHEQ alerts and incident reports to the QSSS.
Ensuring effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders by
- Conducting in-service orientation on doctor specific preferences
- Execute doctors requests and prescriptions after patient rounds
- Assisting in multi-disciplinary team members with the execution of their duties
Ensuring the effective functioning of equipment and instrumentation
- Educate and supervise staff and doctors on the correct utilisation of specialised equipment and instrumentation
Ensuring effective record keeping by
- Ensuring records and accurately completed and stored in accordance with legal and ethical requirements
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Nursing. Completion of PALS and ACLS is highly advantageous
- Nursing experience in Trauma
- Strong customer orientation, team player, very energetic and well organized.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a continuously changing environment
- Strong Interpersonal skills required
- Must be willing to fulfil a role in the unit according to the flexi-hours system and call system
- 021 506 4150
- 086 522 7850
- Closing date
- Monday, January 27, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.