Registered Nurse – Theatre Scrub / Theatre CTS
- Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital
- Registered Nurse – Theatre Scrub / Theatre CTS
Life Vincent Pallotti Theatre is seeking to recruit a registered scrub nurse reporting to the Theatre Unit Manager. The position requires a candidate who is able to flex between the roles of Scrub RN and Clinical Training Specialist. The successful candidate will have expert knowledge of theatre and scrub side techniques underpinned by the theory to train and supervise other nurses, drawing on their experience and expertise to explain and develop best theatre practices.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensuring that nursing care activities are carried out to comply with SANC regulations, relevant legislation and Life Health Care policies and procedures.
- Provide clinical or day to day supervision to junior staff; act as a mentor and assessor.
- Provide clinical supervision and train others in theatre procedures
- Theatre Induction and Orientation of new staff
- Continuous assessment and training of all staff in theatre to ensure high standards
- Implementing and driving theatre quality programmes e.g WHO surgical safety checklists
- Ensuring effective financial management including accurate charging of theatre clocking time, consignment stock, equipment and prosthesis according to policy
- Affecting the functioning of theatre equipment and instrumentation by ensuring the correct use of theatre equipment and instrumentation
- Assess patient's health and well being across a complex and changing caseload.
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
- The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- The ability to adapt and manage unit work load.
- Ensuring the use of personal protective clothing and complying with ISO requirements
- Ensuring the disposal of medical waste in order to effectively control infection
- General Nursing Degree
- Diploma in Operating Theatre Nursing Science
- Minimum 5 years experience as a scrub RN
- Proven teaching ability [a teaching qualification would be advantageous] Nursing Education Qualification
- Current registration with SANC
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills and a strong understanding of theatre structure and role of personnel.
- Extensive knowledge of Theatre techniques, products and services.
- Computer proficiency
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Ethical behaviour
- Excellence orientation
- 021 506 4150
- 086 758 9525
- Closing date
- Monday, July 23, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.