Registered Nurse – Theatre Scrub Qualified
- Life Sports Science Orthopaedic Surgical Day Centre
- Registered Nurse – Theatre Scrub Qualified
Life Sports Science Orthopaedic Surgical Day Centre Theatre is seeking to recruit a Qualified registered scrub nurse who is interested in the challenge of working in a dynamic and critical healthcare environment. The successful candidate, reporting to Zaahida Dove and will be responsible for the day to day duties of a scrub nurse at the unit.
- Critical Outputs
- Day to day scrub sister for the unit adhering to legal compliance at LSSOSDC
- Adhere to infection control and HSS policies
- Develop own knowledge and skills
- The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- The ability to adapt and manage unit work load.
- Ensuring the use of personal protective clothing and complying with ISO requirements
- Ensuring the disposal of medical waste in order to effectively control infection
- Stock control and participation in stock takes
- Flexible in accordance with the Clinic and Life Vincent Pallotti operational requirements
- Any other duties required by the line manager
- General Nursing Degree / Diploma and a PG Theatre Operating Technique
- Minimum 5 years experience Current registration with SANC
- Exceptional communication skills and proven clinical ability
- Computer proficiency would be an advantage
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication
- Drive & energy
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Ethical behaviour
- Excellence orientation
- 021 670 9934
- Closing date
- Friday, March 29, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.