Registered Nurse Theatre Qualified X2
- Life Westville Hospital
- Registered Nurse Theatre Qualified X2
A position exists for Registered Nurses Theatre Qualified X2 at Life Westville Hospital. The position reports to the Theatre Manager, Beverly Rampershad. The successful candidate will ensure the effective supervision and orientation of staff in the unit.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensuring the quality nursing care activities carried out comply with SANC regulations, relevant legislations , as well as the policies & procedures of Life Healthcare.
- Implement and maintain all SHEQ and Quality processes related to the environment
- Liaising with doctors utilizing the unit to promote good working relationships.
- Managing nursing staff labour hours to ensure adequate and cost effective staffing, maintenance of satisfactory working relationships, performance management etc.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene for the unit, and ensuring adherence to infection control policies and procedures, as well as safety policies and procedures.
- Implementing systems for optimal stock management, ordering and charging.
- Implementing and maintaining appropriate participative management structures to achieve all agreed upon performance targets
- Registered at SANC as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum of 5 years theatre experience
- OTNS Diploma essential
- Orthopaedic experience essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good planning, organizing and time management skills
- Ability to make accurate decisions
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Team player, very energetic, well organized and punctual.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Closing date
- Wednesday, January 29, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.