Registered Nurse – Theatre Qualified Scrub RN
- Life Carstenhof Hospital
- Registered Nurse – Theatre Qualified Scrub RN
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse – Theatre Qualified, based at Life Carstenhof Hospital, reporting to Doreen Swart, Theatre Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the surgical team during procedures and will ensure that the patient receives optimal care in accordance with company and hospital strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensuring that nursing care activities are carried out to comply with SANC regulations, relevant legislation and Life Health Care policies and procedures.
- Implementing and driving theatre quality programmes e.g WHO surgical safety checklists
- Ensuring effective financial management including accurate charging of theatre clocking time, consignment stock, equipment and prosthesis according to policy
- Ensuring the correct use of theatre equipment and instrumentation
- Assess patient's health and well being across a complex and changing caseload.
- Provide and receive complex and sensitive information.
- The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- The ability to adapt and manage unit work load.
- Ensuring the use of personal protective clothing and complying with ISO requirements
- Ensuring the disposal of medical waste in order to effectively control infection
- Available to do call/standby, work irregular hours
- General Nursing Degree/Diploma
- Diploma in Operating Theatre Nursing Science
- Minimum 2 years experience as a scrub RN in private sector
- Current registration with SANC
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills and a strong understanding of theatre structure and role of personnel.
- Extensive knowledge of Theatre techniques, products and services
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Drive & energy
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Ethical behaviour
- Excellence orientation
- Closing date
- Thursday, April 25, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.