Registered Nurse - Theatre Qualified
- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Registered Nurse - Theatre Qualified
A position exists for a Registered Nurse Theatre Qualified at Life Entabeni Hospital, in KZN. The position reports to the Theatre Manager, Mrs V Morris. The successful candidate will ensure the effective supervision and orientation of staff in the unit; the candidate must be able to scrub for Neuro, General, Vascular and all other disciplines pertaining to Theatre.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensuring the quality nursing care activities carried out comply with the S.A.N.C. regulations, relevant legislations , as well as the policies & procedures of Life Healthcare.
- Implement and maintain all SHEQ and Quality processes related to the environment
- Liaising with doctors utilizing the unit to promote good working relationships.
- Managing nursing staff labour hours to ensure adequate and cost effective staffing, maintenance of satisfactory working relationships, performance management etc.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene for the unit, and ensuring adherence to infection control policies and procedures, as well as safety policies and procedures.
- Implementing systems for optimal stock management, ordering and charging.
- Implementing and Maintaining appropriate participative management structures to achieve all agreed upon performance targets.
- Registered at SANC as a Registered Nurse
- Theatre Experience is compulsory
- Proven leadership abilities and experience in a senior position is a prerequisite
- Must have worked in Theatre for at least 3 years
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Empathy and patience
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to make accurate decisions
- Resilience and stress tolerance
- Strong customer orientation
- Closing date
- Friday, August 16, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.