Registered Nurse - Theatre Qualified
- Life Kingsbury Hospital
- Registered Nurse - Theatre Qualified
A vacancy exists for Registered Nurse Theatre Qualified , based at Life Kingsbury Hospital, Cape Town, reporting Jasmine Hoosen, Unit Manager. The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning and co-ordination of the Unit and ensure quality nursing care to all patients.
- Critical Outputs
- Perform scrub and recovery duties in theatres where complex and demanding surgical procedures are performed
- Maintaining quality patient and customer care in accordance with Life Healthcare standards.
Understands cost effective delivery of nursing care
- Maintaining sound relationships and communication with patients, relatives and the multi-disciplinary team.
- Building professional relationships with doctors and therapists to promote patient-doctor interaction. Maintaining all Health, Safety and Infection Control Standards
- Contributing to an environment that is conducive to learning and provides job satisfaction for all
- Registered Nurse qualification reflecting on SANC
- Post Basic Operating Theatre Nursing qualification
- Strong customer orientation, well organized, energetic and able to work under pressure, strong inter-personal skills Must be willing to fulfill a role in the theatre according to the flexi-hours system. Must be able to promote team work amongst staff
- Experience in Orthopaedic, Endo- and open Vascular, General laparoscopic and bariatric and hepatic,Neuro, Thoracic, Urology, Gynae, Colo-rectal, dental, plastic, robotic and ENT surgery.
- Must be willing to do call and stand by
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- 021 670 4034
- Closing date
- Friday, October 25, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.