Registered Nurse – Theatre / Neuro Orthopedic Scrub
- Life Eugene Marais Hospital
- Registered Nurse – Theatre / Neuro Orthopedic Scrub
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse Qualified (Theatre), based at Life Eugene Marais Hospital. The successful candidate will become a valuable team member in the Neuro-spinal team contributing to the delivery of quality perioperative nursing care, ensuring best clinical outcomes for the patient within the framework of the Life Healthcare Values. The successful incumbent will contribute to meeting the hospital and the company strategic objectives. Applicants must be willing and able to work flexible hours, have reliable transport to do standby/on call if and when required.
- Critical Outputs
Clinical Nursing Care delivery:
- Provide nursing care according to the nursing Scope of Practice of Registered Nurses
- Ensure that each patient nursing care plan (assessment; planning; implementation and evaluation) will contribute to quality clinical outcome and that EN and ENA staff are supervised as required to provide safe perioperative patient care
- Accurate and legal recording of nursing care rendered in the patient nursing records
- Compliance to Infection Prevention standards
- Create and ensure safe patient environment contributing to best clinical outcomes for our patients
Provide professional and ethical nursing care
- Maintaining accurate nursing records and the appropriate nursing processes
- Support integrated clinical and ethical quality care processes
- Support accurate stock management and appropriate utilization of products in theatre
- Participate in company efforts to ensure company objectives are met in the delivery of cost effective quality care to all patients
- Participate in projects in compliance with targets; correct product utilization; formulary products
- Achieve Patient experience and nursing touch point targets
- Demonstrate the Life Healthcare values and behaviors that will support nursing sensitive scorecard measures are achieved against patients clinical outcome, safety and infection control targets
- Fulfill leadership role as team member in the Neuro-spinal team; delegate and supervise nursing care
- Ensure proof of compliance with essential competency requirements and CPD programs
- Employee engagement with the emphasis on your purpose and continuous improvement in all company projects to contribute to your own empowerment and engagement in your daily work.
- General Nursing Degree/Diploma and Diploma and Post basic Qualification on OR Nursing
- Registration with SANC
- Only experienced and technical skilled persons for neuro, spinal orthopedic disciplines will be considered
- Previous experience working in private sector and understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players will be an advantage.
- Computer proficiency will be an advantage.
- Closing date
- Thursday, February 28, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.