Registered Nurse - Surgical ICU Qualified
- Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital
- Registered Nurse - Surgical ICU Qualified
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse, ICU trained, based at Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital. The successful candidate will report to Unit Manager, Vidette Laanabi, and will contribute to the effective running of the unit and ensure quality nursing care to all patients.
- Critical Outputs
- Conduct basic duties to meet the requirements of quality patient care, ensuring that all nursing activities carried out comply with SANC regulations, relevant legislation and Life Healthcare policies, procedures, standards and best operating practices
- Effective patient and family education, information and advocacy
- Maintenance of a safe and therapeutic environment through compliance with all Infection Prevention and Control and Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Maintenance of comprehensive and accurate documentation of all nursing care and activities
- Effective communication and liaison with medical practitioners and all members of the multi-disciplinary team including, as required, supervision of team members
- Effective and correct use and charging of all equipment and supplies to ensure cost effectiveness
- Effective management of labour hours according to the flexible hour’s system.
- Compliance with requirements for continuing professional development and education.
- Ensuring compliance with daily checks and maintenance of medical equipment.
- Flexibility especially between night and day duties is essential.
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Nursing Experience and training in ICU is essential
- Current registration with SANC as a registered professional nurse
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency will be an advantage
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- 021 506 4150
- 086 522 7850
- Closing date
- Wednesday, April 17, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.