Registered Nurse Specialist- Cath Lab
- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Registered Nurse Specialist- Cath Lab
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse in the Cath Lab Unit at Life Entabeni Hospital, KZN, and Reporting to the unit Manager. The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning and co-ordination of the unit and ensure quality nursing care to all patients.
- Critical Outputs
- Conduct basic duties as allocated by the Unit Manager.
- Ensure quality patient care and customer satisfaction according to Life Healthcare Policies & Procedures.
- Maintain excel patient and customer care in accordance with life healthcare standards
- Maintain sound professional relationships with all patients, doctors and other members of the multi- disciplinary team.
- Effective risk management of the unit by complying with Health, Safety &Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Effectively participate in the management of costs in the unit (stock, staffing, and equipment)
- Identify training needs and initiate facilitation.
- Registered at SANC as a Registered Nurse
- Cath lab Experience is advantageous
- Must be able to do anaesthetics for neuro cases. Teaching will be provided
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Time management skills
- Resilience and stress tolerance
- Flexibility and ability to do calls on a rotational basis
- Own transport when doing calls outs is essential
- Must be able to work long hours and late nights
- Must be able to work in other departments when Cath Lab is not busy or be flexed off
- Must be able to work with post anaesthetic MRI babies
- Closing date
- Monday, July 22, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.