Registered Nurse Renal
- Life Westville Hospital
- Registered Nurse Renal
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse Renal experienced in the Renal Unit, based at Life Westville Hospital, reporting to the Unit Manager, Charles Chonco. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of quality patient care
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure professional, ethical practice in the unit
- Provide and supervise nursing care in accordance with legislation that directly and indirectly governs nursing practice
- Accept accountability and responsibility for own professional actions
- Ensure the provision of competent, clinical nursing care in the unit
- Use the scientific process of nursing to initiate and manage comprehensive nursing care plans that will ensure quality nursing care
- Coordinate and supervise nursing activities of members of the healthcare team who provide basic care
- Utilise available management tools and strategies to enhance patient experience through continuing quality improvement initiatives e.g. CFS
- Build professional relationships with the members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Cooperate fully with the members of the multi-disciplinary team and independently delivering nursing care
- Assist in the management of complaints from members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Safe Environment: Assist in maintaining an environment which is both emotionally and physically safe
- Utilise available management tools and participate in pro active management strategies to ensure an emotionally and physically safe patient environment e.g. SHEQ and infection control
- Utilise and supervise adherence to interdepartmental requirements with regard to stock management, case management and billing.
- Assist in the performance management of the unit staff. e.g coaching and mentor staff.
- Assist in staff development through the provision of appropriate on the job in-service education
- Must be a Registered Nurse and registered with SANC.
- 3-5 year working experience in a Renal.
- Diploma or certificate in Nephrology nursing would be advantageous
- Competencies required: team player, very energetic, well organized and punctual.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Good inter-personal skills required. Respect patient and staff confidentiality.
- Must be able to work Flexi hours, call, chronic and acute
- Driver’s license
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Team player, very energetic, well organized and punctual.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Closing date
- Wednesday, June 26, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.