Registered Nurse NNICU Experience
- Life Midmed Hospital
- Registered Nurse NNICU Experience
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse NNICU Experience, based at Life Midmed Hospital, Mpumalanga, reporting to the Unit Manager, Ada Viviers. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving quality patient care along with other team members in the unit; in line with clinical protocols of the company and hospital strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
To provide quality patient care by:
- Providing quality basic and specialized nursing care.
- Continual communication with the patient and family with regards to the baby’s condition.
- Administering of medication in accordance to ethical, legal framework.
- Review and comply with internal policies and protocols, and keep comply with Continuous Professional Development requirements in order keep yourself updated.
- Ensuring quality management systems and initiatives are conducted according to the unit specification.
- Knowledge and skill regarding neuro development care.
- Advocate the patient by motivating acuity to the case management and notify the doctor of any limitations.
Provide effective people management by:
- Interacting and communicating with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Provide training and development to ensure personal and professional growth.
- Ensure the ICU team works according to the scope of practice in order to ensure the correct skills mix is utilized.
Provide effective cost management by:
- Managing all stock used according to unit specific policies and protocols.
- Control and manage staff hours leave in accordance with the company policy.
Provide effective Infection Control and Quality by:
- Maintaining a safe and holistic patient environment in order to enforce infection control.
- Promoting a safe and healthy working environment by completing alerts and incident reports to the QM
Ensuring effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders by:
- Conducting in-service orientation on doctor specific preferences.
- Execute doctors’ requests and prescriptions after patient rounds.
- Assisting in multi-disciplinary team members with the execution of their duties.
- Ensuring the effective functioning of equipment and instrumentation.
- Check equipment and instrumentation are in working condition on a daily basis and report any defaults to Unit Manager and Clinical Engineer.
- Educate and supervise staff and doctors on the correct utilisation of specialised equipment and instrumentation.
Ensuring effective record keeping by:
- Ensuring records and accurately completed and stored in accordance with legal and ethical requirements.
- General Nursing Degree / Diploma
- Registration with SANC
- Nursing Experience in Neonatal ICU
- Relevant experience and technical skill to meet the critical outputs
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leadership skills
- Ethical behaviour
- 013 283 8742/8872
- Closing date
- Wednesday, April 17, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.