Registered Nurse – Neuro Surgical ward
- Life Rosepark Hospital
- Registered Nurse – Neuro Surgical ward
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of Registered Nurse in the Neuro Surgical Ward at Life Rosepark Hospital in Bloemfontein. The above position report to the Unit Manager, Candice Swartz. The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning of the Neuro Surgical Ward and ensure quality nursing care to all patients.
- Critical Outputs
To provide quality patient care by:
- Identifying and ensuring staff undergo department specific micro orientation
- Daily Care Rounds to be done, ensuring patient satisfaction is enhance
- Provide accurate, appropriate and adequate information to patients and family members during hospitalisation
- Ensure professional ethical practice in the Unit
- Provide and supervise individualised, specific nursing care to the patient
Provide effective people management by:
- Interacting and communicating with a multi-disciplinary team
- Provide training and development to ensure personal and professional growth
- Ensure the ward team works according to the scope of practice in order to ensure the correct skills mix is utilised
Provide effective cost management by:
- Minimising unnecessary stock wastage and facilitating maintenance of equipment
- Utilisation of tools such as Impilo board for correct stock charging, and ensuring that the correct level of care is updated
Provide effective Infection Control and SHEQ by:
- Maintaining a safe and holistic patient environment in order to enforce infection control
- Promoting a safe and healthy working environment by completing SHEQ alerts and incident reports to the Quality Manager
Ensuring effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders by:
- Conducting in-service orientation on doctor specific preferences
- Execute doctors requests and prescriptions after patient rounds
- Assisting in multi-disciplinary team members with the execution of their duties
- Ensuring the effective functioning of equipment and instrumentation
- Check equipment and instrumentation are in working condition on a daily basis and report any defaults to Unit Manager and Clinical Engineer
- Educate and supervise staff and doctors on the correct utilisation of specialised equipment and instrumentation
Ensuring effective record keeping by:
- Ensuring records and accurately completed and stored in accordance with legal and ethical requirements
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Registration with SANC
- Must be willing to fulfil the role of Registered Nurse in the Unit, according to the flexi hour system (day and night duty), standby hours, according to the needs of the Unit.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a continuously changing environment.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Customer responsiveness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- 051 505 5519
- Closing date
- Thursday, May 12, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.