Registered Nurse - Neonatal & Paediatric ICU
- Life Rosepark Hospital
- Registered Nurse - Neonatal & Paediatric ICU
A vacancy exists for a Neonatal Trained / Experienced Registered Nurse in our Neonatal & Paediatric Intensive Care Unit at Rosepark Hospital, reporting to the Unit Manager, Adelle Snyman.
The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning and co-ordination of the Neonatal & Paediatric Intensive Care Unit and ensure quality nursing care to all patients.
- Critical Outputs
- Conduct basic ward duties as allocated by the Unit Manager.
- Ensuring objective communication between all departments, patients, members of the public and the multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintaining excellent patient and customer care in accordance with Hospital Standards.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislatives, policies and procedures of the Hospital and Life Healthcare.
- Maintaining all Health, Safety and Infection Control Standards.
- Assisting and participating with the three processes: Contribution to Profit, Optimal Staff utilisation and Total Quality Care.
- Applicants need to be registered with SANC as a Registered nurse.
- ICU trained or proven experience in Neonatal and Paediatric ICU nursing, is essential.
- Must be able to function as a shift leader within the unit.
- Competencies required are: good people management skills, an ability to work calmly under urgent/difficult circumstances as part of a team, leadership and performance orientation.
- Good organizational and management skills are essential as well as teamwork and strong customer orientation.
- Be willing to fulfil a role in the unit according to the flexi hours system.
- Must be fully bilingual and able to work day and night duty.
- 086 674 3767
- Closing date
- Friday, January 17, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.