Registered Nurse Neonatal Experience
- Life Westville Hospital
- Registered Nurse Neonatal Experience
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse Neonatal Experience based at Life Westville Hospital, reporting to the Unit Manager, Sandhiera Govender. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing holistic and optimal quality nursing care to critically ill patients in order to maximize a positive outcome for the customer in line with Company & Hospital strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
- Conduct basic duties as allocated by the Unit Manager.
- Ensure quality patient care and customer satisfaction according to Life Healthcare Policies & Procedures.
- Management of other categories nursing staff according to their Scope of Practice.
- Maintain sound professional relationships with all patients, doctors and other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Effective risk management of the unit by complying with Health, Safety &Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Effectively participate in the management of costs in the unit (stock, staffing, equipment)
- Identify training needs and initiate facilitation.
- Ensure effective record keeping
- Registered with SANC as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 2 years Neonatal Experience
- Midwifery Qualification is essential
- NICU Qualification will be advantageous
- Must be able to do night duty
- Must be able to work under pressure in a continuously changing environment
- Strong Interpersonal skills required
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be willing to fulfill a role in the unit according to the flexi-hours system and call system
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Team player, very energetic, well organized and punctual.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Closing date
- Thursday, August 08, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.