Registered Nurse Midwifery Qualified - Maternity Ward
- Life Rosepark Hospital
- Registered Nurse Midwifery Qualified - Maternity Ward
An exiting opportunity has arisen for the positions of Registered Nurse Midwifery Qualified in the Maternity Ward at Life Rosepark Hospital in Bloemfontein. The above position reports to the Unit Manager, Marlie Coetzer. The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning of the Maternity Ward and ensure quality nursing care to all patients.
- Critical Outputs
To provide quality patient care by:
- Identifying and ensuring staff undergo department specific micro orientation
- Daily Care Rounds to be done, ensuring patient satisfaction is enhanced
- Provide accurate, appropriate and adequate information to patients and family members during hospitalization
- Ensure professional ethical practice in the Unit
- Provide and supervise individualized, specific nursing care to the mother and baby
- Participating in ESMOE drills and CPD programs, in-service training, and on the spot teaching
Provide effective people management by:
- Interacting and communicating with a multi-disciplinary team
- Provide training and development to ensure personal and professional growth
- Ensure the ICU team works according to the scope of practice in order to ensure the correct skills mix is utilised
Provide effective cost management by:
- Evaluating employee labour hours and manage debit and credit hours
- Utilisation of KRONOS
- Minimising unnecessary stock wastage and facilitating maintenance of equipment
- Utilization of tools such as Impilo board for correct stock charging, and ensuring that the correct level of care is updated
Provide effective Infection Control and SHEQ by:
- Maintaining a safe and holistic patient environment in order to enforce infection control
- Promoting a safe and healthy working environment by completing SHEQ alerts and incident reports to the SHEQ Coordinator
Ensuring effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders by:
- Conducting in-service orientation on doctor specific preferences
- Execute doctors requests and prescriptions after patient rounds
- Assisting in multi-disciplinary team members with the execution of their duties
- Ensuring the effective functioning of equipment and instrumentation
- Check equipment and instrumentation are in working condition on a daily basis and report any defaults to Unit Manager and Clinical Engineer
- Educate and supervise staff and doctors on the correct utilisation of specialised equipment and instrumentation
Ensuring effective record keeping by:
- Ensuring records and accurately completed and stored in accordance with legal and ethical requirements
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Midwifery essential
- Registration with SANC
- Nursing experience in Maternity Ward essential (Labour, Post-natal and Nursery).
- Must be willing to fulfil the role of midwife in the Unit, according to the flexi hour system (day and night duty), standby hours, according to the needs of the Unit.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players.
- Computer proficiency
- Must be able to work under pressure in a continuously changing environment
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- 051 505 5519
- Closing date
- Friday, September 24, 2021
*We will no longer be accepting hand delivered CV’s
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.