Registered Nurse – Midwife Qualified
- Life The Crompton Hospital
- Registered Nurse – Midwife Qualified
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse/Midwife Qualified in the Maternity Ward at Life The Crompton Hospital, reporting to the Unit Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the effective functioning of the unit and ensuring quality nursing care.
- Critical Outputs
- Effective cost management for staff and stock
- Evaluating employee labour hours and manage debit and credit hours
- Minimising unnecessary stock wastage and facilitating maintenance of equipment
- Providing quality patient care by:
- Identifying and ensuring staff undergo department specific micro orientation
- Ensuring daily care rounds are conducted and investigating complaints
- Providing accurate, appropriate and adequate information to patients and family members during hospitalization
- Providing effective risk management (SHEQ & infection control) by:
- Monitoring and implementing preventative measures to minimize risk
- Comply with ISO requirements in order to facilitate infection control
- Conducting effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Identifying doctor’s preferences and stakeholders needs and implement in the working environment
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Nursing with midwifery
- Nursing Experience of at least 3-5 years in a Maternity Ward.
- Registration with SANC.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
- Experience in the care of ante-natal, intrapartum and post natal patients.
- Management of caesarean sections and normal deliveries.
- Advocate for breastfeeding
- Management of new-born babies
- Experience with surgical/gynaecology patients.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication
- Drive and energy
- Closing date
- Friday, October 30, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.