Registered Nurse Midwife Qualified
- Life St Mary's Private Hospital
- Registered Nurse Midwife Qualified
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse- Midwife Qualified in the Maternity Ward, based at Life St Mary’s Private Hospital, reporting to Nosipho Nyikiza, Maternity Unit Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of quality patient care.
- Critical Outputs
Ensure professional, ethical practice in the unit
- Evaluating employee labour hours and manage debit and credit hours
- Minimizing unnecessary stock wastage and facilitating maintenance of equipment
Providing quality patient care by
- Identifying and ensuring staff undergo department specific micro orientation
- Ensuring daily care rounds are conducted and investigating complaints
- Providing accurate, appropriate and adequate information to patients and family members during hospitalization
Providing effective risk management (SHEQ & infection control) by
- Monitoring and implementing preventative measures to minimize risk
- Comply with ISO requirements in order to facilitate infection control
Conducting effective relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Identifying doctor’s preferences and stakeholders needs and implement in the working environment
- General Nursing Degree / Diploma
- Registration with SANC
- Diploma in specialty if applicable
- Relevant experience and technical skill to meet the critical outputs
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency would be an advantage
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organizational awareness
- Action orientation
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- 047 505 5782
- Closing date
- Friday, January 29, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.