Registered Nurse Midwife Qualified
- Life Fourways Hospital
- Registered Nurse Midwife Qualified
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse (Midwife Qualified), in a combined antenatal, labour and post-natal ward, based at Life Fourways Hospital, reporting to Londekile Ntsiba, Unit Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing holistic patient care and contribute to collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders in line with company & hospital strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
Effective cost management for staff and stock by
- Evaluating employee labour hours and manage debit and credit hours
- Minimising unnecessary stock wastage and facilitating maintenance of equipment
- Utilisation of KRONOS
- Utilization of tools such as Impilo board for correct stock charging, and ensuring that the correct level of care is updated
Providing quality patient care by
- Identifying and ensuring staff undergo department specific micro orientation
- Ensuring daily care rounds are conducted and investigating complaints
- Providing accurate, appropriate and adequate information to patients and family members during hospitalization
- Ensure professional ethical practice in the Unit
- Provide and supervise individualized, specific nursing care to the mother and baby
- Participating in ESMOE drills and CPD programs, in-service training, and on the spot teaching
Providing effective risk management (SHEQ & infection control) by
- Monitoring and implementing preventative measures to minimize risk
- Comply with ISO requirements in order to facilitate infection control
- Maintaining a safe and holistic patient environment to minimize the risk of infections.
Conducting effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Identifying doctor’s preferences and stakeholders needs and implement in the working environment
- Build professional relationships with the members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Midwifery
- Registration with SANC
- Nursing experience in Maternity Ward (Labour, Post-natal and Nursery).
- Must be willing to fulfill the role of midwife in the Unit, according to the flexi hour system (day and night duty), standby hours, according to the needs of the Unit
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Must be able to work under pressure in a continuously changing environment
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
- Computer proficiency
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Lead by example
- Closing date
- Friday, July 23, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.