Registered Nurse (Medical Ward)
- Life Wilgeheuwel Hospital
- Registered Nurse (Medical Ward)
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse in the Medical Ward, based at Life Wilgeheuwel Hospital, reporting to Laureen Karadzangare, Unit Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of quality patient care.
- Critical Outputs
Ensure professional, ethical practice in the unit
- Provide and supervise nursing care in accordance with legislation that directly and indirectly governs nursing practice
- Provide and supervise nursing care in accordance with ethical codes that directly and indirectly guide nursing practices
- Accept accountability and responsibility for own professional actions
Ensure the provision of competent, clinical nursing care in the unit
- Use the scientific process of nursing to initiate and manage comprehensive nursing care plans that will ensure quality nursing care
- Coordinate and supervise nursing activities of members of the healthcare team who provide basic care
Customer Satisfaction: Enhance patient satisfaction
- Utilise available management tools and strategies to enhance patient experience through continuing quality improvement initiatives e.g. CFS and QE
- Assist in the management of patient complaints
Build professional relationships with the members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Cooperate fully with the members of the multi-disciplinary team and independently delivering nursing care
- Assist in the management of complaints from members of the multi-disciplinary team
Safe Environment: Assist in maintaining an environment which is both emotionally and physically safe
- Utilise available management tools and participate in proactive management strategies to ensure an emotionally and physically safe patient environment e.g. SHEQ and infection control
Business Efficiency: Contribute to business efficiency through cost-effective patient care, interdepartmental cooperation and economical use of all resources
- Utilise and supervise adherence to interdepartmental requirements with regard to stock management, case management and billing
Coaching and mentor staff
- Assist in the performance management of the unit staff
- Assist in staff development through the provision of appropriate on the job in-service education
- Participate in staff recognition and reward management strategies
- General Nursing Degree / Diploma
- Registration with SANC
- At least 2-3 years in the Medical Unit
- Relevant experience and technical skill to meet the critical outputs
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency would be an advantage
- Must be willing to fulfil a role in the unit according to the flexi-hours system and call system
- Hours of duty will be planned according to the needs of the unit.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Action orientation
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Please submit your comprehensive Curriculum Vitae ONLY and write your full names and the position you are applying for on the subject line.
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.