Registered Nurse Medical ICU - ICU Experienced
- Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital
- Registered Nurse Medical ICU - ICU Experienced
A vacancy exists for an experienced ICU Registered Nurse in the Intensive Care Unit, based at Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital, reporting to Unit Manager, Lauren Campbell. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of quality patient care.
- Critical Outputs
Ensure professional, ethical practice in the unit
- Provide and supervise nursing care in accordance with legislation and ethical codes that govern nursing practice
- Coordinate and supervise nursing activities of members of the healthcare team who provide basic care
- Assist in the management of patient complaints
Build professional relationships with the members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Cooperate fully with the members of the multi-disciplinary team and independently delivering nursing care
- Utilise available management tools and participate in pro active management strategies to ensure an emotionally and physically safe patient environment e.g. SHEQ and infection control
Business Efficiency: Contribute to business efficiency through cost effective patient care, interdepartmental cooperation and economic use of all resources
- Utilise and supervise adherence to interdepartmental requirements with regard to stock management, case management and billing
- Assist in staff development through the provision of appropriate on the job in-service education
- General Nursing Degree / Diploma
- Registration with SANC
- Relevant experience and technical skill to meet the critical outputs is essential (at least 3 years experience in a Critical Care setting is essential)
- Flexibility as per unit needs/willing to shift lead
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- 021 506 4150
- 021 506 5187
- Closing date
- Monday, August 19, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.