Registered Nurse: Maternity (Midwife)
- Life West Coast Private Hospital
- Registered Nurse: Maternity (Midwife)
A vacancy exists for Registered Nurse: (Midwife) in Maternity, based at Life West Coast Private Hospital, reporting the Unit Manager, Sr. Elaine Appollis. The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning and co-ordination of the Unit and ensure quality nursing care to all patients.
- Critical Outputs
- Providing quality patient care by monitoring, assisting, education quality care of patients ante natal; post natal; new born care and gynaecology care and promoting and assisting breastfeeding.
- Effective relationship management with customers by building and maintaining healthy relationships with internal and external customers and supporting all new staff members with the orientation program.
- Ensuring daily care rounds are conducted.
- Providing accurate, appropriate and adequate education to patients and family members during hospitalization.
- Providing effective risk management (SHE & infection control) by monitoring and implementing preventative measures to minimize risk.
- Comply with ISO requirements in order to facilitate infection control.
- Conducting effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure optimum operational efficiencies by correct and accurate stock managemnet.
- Minimising unnecessary cost wastage and facilitating maintenance of equipment
- Ensuring correct and proper usage and maintenance of equipment
- Ensuring personal absenteeism is minimised and justified
- Working flexible hours in order to minimize agency costs and show willingness to assist other departments
- Degree or Diploma in Nursing.
- Midwifery qualification is compulsory
- Current registration with SANC as a qualified midwife.
- Experience in Obstetrics & Gynaecology nursing, as well as Post Natal nursing will be an advantage
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage.
- Computer proficiency
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
Sr. Elaine Appollis
- 022 719 1030
- Closing date
- Friday, July 19, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.