- Life Esidimeni Baneng Care Centre, Roodepoort
- Registered Nurse
A vacancy for Registered Nurse with Psych Qualifications has arisen at Baneng Care Centre in Florida, Roodepoort. This position reports to the Unit Manager. The successful candidate will contribute towards the effective functioning of the unit and be part of a dynamic professional team striving for the highest standards of quality in healthcare
- Critical Outputs
- Patient care – Determine and administer medication, manage patient complaints following LHC process, analyze vital data in terms of physical conditions of patients and give report to and from other colleagues and sub-ordinates. Observing reaction to medication, special diets and treatment plan.
- Co-ordinating the unit rehab programmes, implement Health, Safety and Infection control standards.
- Contribute towards accurate record-keeping by recording and reporting any changes in patient’s physical condition and referral to medical practitioners
- \Health education – Participate in education or learning programmes for patients, families, communication and staff
- In-service training – Participate and attend in-service training, teaching of sub-ordinates and engage in CPD training
- Material resources – Manage ward stock, accurate inventory and determine material needs
- Human resources – Supervise sub-ordinates, delegate responsibilities, maintaining discipline, orientate new employees and manage staff allocation in the unit
- Administration – Maintain accurate patient information documentation by adhering to the nursing process, keeping records of referrals and incident reporting
- Grade 12 or NSC
- Relevant degree or diploma
- Current registration with SANC
- Must have at least two years’ experience working as a Registered Nurse
- The successful candidate will have to work day and night shift
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Effective communication skills, written, verbal and presentation
- Excellence orientation
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Organisational awareness
- Planning and organizing
- Engaging diversity
- Supervisory skills
- Drive and energy
- Application of ethical principles
- Customer responsiveness
- Cost control
- Knowledge and application of the nursing process
- Ability to operate within a multi-disciplinary team
- Closing date
- Thursday, August 18, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy. Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.