Registered Nurse (ICU Qualified) x8
- Life Flora Hospital
- Registered Nurse (ICU Qualified) x8
Vacancies exists for Eight (8) Registered Nurses (ICU Qualified) in Medical Intensive Care Unit, based at Life Flora Hospital, reporting to Dumay Joubert, Unit Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing holistic and optimal quality nursing care to critically ill patients in order to maximise a positive outcome for the customer in line with Company & Hospital strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
To provide quality patient care by
- Providing quality basic and specialised nursing care
- Continual communication with the patient and family with regards to the patient’s condition
- Administering of medication in accordance to ethical, legal framework
- Review and comply with internal policies and protocols
- Ensuring quality management systems and initiatives are conducted according to the unit specification
- Advocate the patient by motivating acuity to the case management and notify the doctor of any limitations
Provide effective people management by
- Interacting and communicating with a multi-disciplinary team
- Provide training and development to ensure personal and professional growth
- Ensure the ICU team works according to the scope of practice in order to ensure the correct skills mix is utilised
- Supervision that allocated duties are completed and patient care rendered
- Motivate team to participate in Company projects e.g. CARE program, Domino
Provide effective cost management by
- Managing all stock used according to unit specific policies and protocols
- Control and manage staff hours leave in accordance with the company policy
Provide effective Infection Control and Health and Safety by
- Maintaining a safe and holistic patient environment in order to enforce infection control
- Promoting a safe and healthy working environment by completing alerts and incident reports to the QSSS.
Ensuring effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders by
- Conducting in-service orientation on doctor specific preferences
- Execute doctors’ requests and prescriptions after patient rounds
- Assisting in multi-disciplinary team members with the execution of their duties
Ensuring the effective functioning of equipment and instrumentation
- Check equipment and instrumentation are in working condition on a daily basis and report any defaults to Unit Manager and Clinical Engineer
- Educate and supervise staff and doctors on the correct utilisation of specialised equipment and instrumentation
Ensuring effective record keeping by
- Ensuring records and accurately completed and stored in accordance with legal and ethical requirements
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Registration with SANC
- Diploma in Speciality
- Medical ICU experience will be added advantage
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency
- Inquisitive and vibrant person to keep up in a fast paced setting
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Closing date
- Monday, May 23, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.