Registered Nurse ICU Qualified (Multi - ICU)
- Life Rosepark Hospital
- Registered Nurse ICU Qualified (Multi - ICU)
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse (ICU Qualified) for Multi ICU at Life Rosepark Hospital, reporting to the Cat van Zuydam, Unit Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing holistic and optimal quality nursing care to critically ill patients in order to maximize a positive outcome for the customer in line with Company & Hospital strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
- Conduct basic ICU duties as allocated by the Unit Manager.
- Ensuring objective communication between all departments, patients, members of the public and the multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintaining excellent patient and customer care in accordance with Hospital Standards.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislatives, policies and procedures of the Hospital and Life Healthcare.
- Maintaining all Health, Safety and Infection Control Standards.
Providing quality patient care by:
- Identifying and ensuring staff undergo department specific micro orientation.
- Ensuring daily care rounds and investigation of complaints are conducted.
- Providing accurate, appropriate and adequate information to patients and family members during hospitalization.
Assist doctors to perform daily cases and/or procedures.
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Nursing.
- Critical Care qualification is essential
- Current registration with the relevant professional or regulatory body.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage.
- Must be able to work under pressure in an ever changing private healthcare environment.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Leading by example
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Closing date
- Friday, January 17, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.