Registered Nurse - ICU Experienced x2
- Life Queenstown Private Hospital
- Registered Nurse - ICU Experienced x2
Two vacancies exist for a Registered Nurses - ICU Experienced, based at Life Queenstown Private Hospital, reporting to Unit Manager, Linda Cula. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing holistic and optimal quality nursing care to critically ill patients in order to maximize a positive outcome for the customer in line with Company & Hospital.
- Critical Outputs
- Conduct basic duties to meet the requirements of quality patient care, ensuring that all nursing activities carried out comply with SANC regulations, relevant legislation and Life Healthcare policies, procedures, standards and best operating practices
- Effective patient and family education, information and advocacy
- Maintenance of a safe and therapeutic environment through compliance with all Infection Prevention and Control and Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Maintenance of comprehensive and accurate documentation of all nursing care and activities
- Effective communication and liaison with medical practitioners and all members of the multi-disciplinary team including, as required, supervision of team members
- Effective and correct use and charging of all equipment and supplies to ensure cost effectiveness
- Effective management of labour hours according to the flexible hour’s system.
- Compliance with requirements for continuing professional development and education.
- Ensuring compliance with daily checks and maintenance of medical equipment
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Nursing Experience in ICU essential, ICU or High Care training an advantage
- Current registration with SANC as a registered professional nurse
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency will be an advantage
- Strong Interpersonal skills required
- Must be willing to fulfill a role in the unit according to the flexi-hours system and call system
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- 045 808 4500
- Closing date
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.