Registered Nurse - High Care
- Life Wilgers Hospital
- Registered Nurse - High Care
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse (High Care), based at Life Wilgers Hospital, reporting to Unit Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing holistic patient care and to collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders in line with Company & Hospital strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
Effective cost management for staff and stock by
- Evaluating employee labour hours and manage debit and credit hours
- Minimising unnecessary stock wastage and facilitating maintenance of equipment
Providing quality patient care by
- Identifying and ensuring staff undergo department specific micro orientation
- Ensuring daily care rounds are conducted and investigating complaints
- Providing accurate, appropriate and adequate information to patients and family members during hospitalization
Providing effective risk management (SHEQ & infection control) by
- Monitoring and implementing preventative measures to minimize risk
- Comply with ISO requirements in order to facilitate infection control
Conducting effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Identifying doctor’s preferences and stakeholders needs and implement in the working environment
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Nursing Experience in Medical Wards
- Current registration with the relevant professional or regulatory body
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading my example (Key for Managers)
- Motivating and developing people (Key for Managers)
- Closing date
- Thursday, October 15, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.