Registered Nurse High Care Exp.
- Life St Georges Hospital
- Registered Nurse High Care Exp.
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse Experienced in the Neuro & Ortho High Care Unit based at Life St George’s Hospital. The successful candidates will be responsible for providing holistic patient care and to collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders in line with Company & Hospital strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
Effective cost management for staff and stock by
- Evaluating employee labour hours and manage debit and credit hours
- Minimizing unnecessary stock wastage and facilitating maintenance of equipment
Providing quality patient care by
- Identifying and ensuring staff undergo department specific micro orientation
- Ensuring daily care rounds are conducted and investigating complaints
- Providing accurate, appropriate and adequate information to patients and family members during hospitalization
Providing effective risk management (SHEQ & infection control) by
- Monitoring and implementing preventative measures to minimize risk
- Comply with ISO requirements in order to facilitate infection control
Conducting effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Identifying doctor’s preferences and stakeholders needs and implement in the working environment
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Nursing Experience in High Care or ICU units preferred
- Current registration with SANC
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency (touch screens)
- Ability to work shifts and reliable transport
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading my example (Key for Managers)
- Motivating and developing people(Key for Managers)
- Closing date
- Friday, August 12, 2022
Please specify the position you are applying for when submitting your CV.
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Life Healthcare has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy in place which requires all employees to be COVID-19 vaccinated
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.