Registered Nurse Cardio Thoracic Theatre Scrub x 2
- Life Eugene Marais Hospital
- Registered Nurse Cardio Thoracic Theatre Scrub x 2
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse (Theatre), based at Life Eugene Marais Hospital. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Cardio Thoracic team to perform Cardio Thoracic procedures on patients successfully and to ensure that the patient receives optimal care in accordance with company and hospital strategic objectives. Must be willing and able to work flexible hours and do standby/on call if and when required.
- Critical Outputs
Ensuring effective financial management by
- Ensuring accurate charging by managing theatre clocking time
- Ensuring consignment stock, equipment and prosthesis is charged according to policy
- Managing stock by participating in regular stock taking and controlling of the consignment stock in accordance with the hospital (local) policy
Effecting the functioning of theatre equipment and instrumentation by
- Ensuring the correct use of theatre equipment and instrumentation by educating and supervising staff on the correct utilization of the equipment
Providing Quality patient care by
- Obtaining the correct information pre-operatively and visiting the patient post-operatively
- Ensuring that the patient is comfortable and assist the doctor during the surgical procedure
Ensuring effective people management by
- Providing theatre specific training and assessing the competence of staff
- Assist the Unit Manager to correctly monitor the normal and overtime hours
- Ensure the theatre team works according to the scope of practice
- Give feedback to the unit manager in order to assess optimal performance
Effective SHEQ management by
- Ensuring the use of personal protective clothing and complying with ISO requirements
- Ensuring the disposal of medical waste in order to effectively control infection
Effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Attend review and consultative form meetings to maintain healthy relationships with internal stakeholders
- Maintain a healthy relationship with external stakeholders by reporting and escalating unresolved issues to the unit manager
- General Nursing Degree / Diploma
- Registration with SANC
- Only required experience and technical skills to scrub for the following disciplines will be considered: Cardio, Thoracic and Vascular procedures
- Previous experience working in private sector and understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players is required.
- Computer proficiency will be an advantage. Impilo touch screen / E-billing experience will be an advantage
- Practical experience in a Theatre environment is required.
- Strong customer orientation, team player, very energetic and well organized
- Closing date
- Friday, June 15, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 4 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.