Registered Nurse Burns Unit
- Life Cosmos Hospital
- Registered Nurse Burns Unit
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse – Burns Unit, based at Life Cosmos Hospital, Mpumalanga, reporting to the Unit Manager, Suretha Breedt. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving quality patient care along with other team members in the Burns unit in line with clinical protocols of the company and hospital strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
Effective cost management for staff and stock by
- Evaluating employee labour hours and manage debit and credit hours
- Minimising unnecessary stock wastage and facilitating maintenance of equipment
Providing quality patient care by
- Identifying and ensuring staff undergo department specific micro orientation
- Ensuring daily care rounds are conducted and investigation of complaints.
- Providing accurate, appropriate and adequate information to patients and family members during hospitalization
- Assist doctors to perform daily cases and/or procedures
Providing effective risk management (SHEQ & infection control) by
- Monitoring and implementing preventative measures to minimize risk
- Maintain cleanliness and hygiene standards of the unit to ensure adherence to infection control and safety policies and procedures
- Comply with ISO requirements in order to facilitate infection control
Conducting effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Identifying doctor’s preferences and stakeholders needs and implement in the working environment
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Nursing Experience in Burns essential, ICU qualification an advantage
- Current registration with the relevant professional or regulatory body
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgments
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- 013 653 8045
- 086 206 4672
- Closing date
- Monday, July 15, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.