Registered Nurse 2IC - Ward 4
- Life Eugene Marais Hospital
- Registered Nurse 2IC - Ward 4
A vacancy has arisen for a position of Registered Nurse 2IC in the Orthopaedic ward at Life Eugene Marais Hospital, situated in Pretoria. The above position reports directly to the Unit Manager. The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning of this unit and ensure quality nursing care to all patients.
- Critical Outputs
- Conduct basic duties as allocated by the Unit Manager.
- Ensuring that unit is run according to acceptable legal standards.
- Maintaining excellent patient and customer care in accordance with Life Healthcare standards.
- Maintaining sound relationships and communication with patients, relatives and the multi-disciplinary team.
- Building professional relationships with doctors and therapists to promote patient-doctor interaction.
- Maintaining all Health, Safety and Infection Control Standards.
- Assist the Unit Manager to manage the unit’s budget, incl. control and maintenance of equipment, pharmacy stock, under / over recovery, stock holding, gross profit margins and debtors days.
- Assist with the effective management of the Ward Management System and CBT.
- Must be a Registered Nurse with a minimum of two years experience and be registered with SANC.
- Competencies required: Strong customer orientation, team player, very energetic, well organised.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong inter-personal skills required.
- Must be willing to fulfil a role in the ward according to the flexi-hours system.
- Proven leadership abilities a prerequisite.
- Leadership and teamwork
- Engaging diversity
- Motivating and developing people
- Drive and energy
- Influencing (negotiations)
- Ethical behaviour (honesty)
- Business insight
- Building relationships, networking ,customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Problem solving/Analysis
- Presentation, verbal and written communication
- Excellence orientation (concern for high quality work and compliance)
- Closing date
- Thursday, June 21, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.