Registered Nurse 2IC Theatre
- Life Brooklyn Day Hospital
- Registered Nurse 2IC Theatre
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced and dynamic Registered Theatre Nurse to fill a position of a 2IC in our busy Theatre complex at Life Brooklyn Day Hospital, reporting to Charmain Taljaard, Nursing Standards Manager. The successful candidate will assist and support the Nursing Standards Manager to continually develop the Theatre service through evidence based practice and will focus on the delivery of high quality care pre, intra and post-operative to achieve the company and hospital objectives of quality, growth and people. Some of the advantages at Life Brooklyn Day Hospital are flexible working hours and working only one Saturday (half day) per month.
- Critical Outputs
Conduct basic duties as allocated by the Nursing Standards Manager:
- Ensuring and assist the unit to meet the requirements of quality patient care, ensuring that nursing care activities are carried out to comply with SANC regulations, relevant legislation and Life Health Care policies and procedures.
Provide effective people management by:
- Interacting and communicating with a multi-disciplinary team
- Assist, guide, mentor and develop the nursing team in order to ensure clinical standards and staff education are maintained and developed according to Company and client requirements
- Ensure the theatre team works according to the scope of practice in order to ensure the correct skills mix is utilised
- Ensure quality patient care and customer satisfaction according to Life Healthcare Policies & Procedures.
Provide effective cost management by:
- Managing all stock used according to unit specific policies and protocols
- Control and manage staff hours leave in accordance with the company policy
Ensuring effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders by:
- Conducting in-service orientation on doctor specific preferences
- Execute doctors requests and follow doctors protocols
- Assisting in multi-disciplinary team members with the execution of their duties
Ensuring effective record keeping by:
- Ensuring records and accurately completed and stored in accordance with legal and ethical requirements.
- Maintain sound professional relationships with all patients, doctors and other members of the multi- disciplinary team.
- Effective risk management of the unit by complying with Health, Safety &Infection Control policies and procedures.
Actively support the NSM with:
- Change management and quality development projects that affect the hospital.
- In the absence of the NSM co-ordinate the unit’s activities and business outputs to ensure optimal utilisation of staff in accordance with the theatre resource management system.
- Assisting with various admin duties e.g. Kronos, Off duties, JPM discussions etc.
- Registered at SANC as a Registered Nurse
- An Operating Theatre Qualfiication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to make accurate decisions
- Resilience and stress tolerance
- Must be able to work under pressure in a continuously changing environment
- Computer proficiency would be an advantage
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Closing date
- Thursday, August 13, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.