Registered Nurse 2IC - High Care
- Life Wilgers Hospital
- Registered Nurse 2IC - High Care
A vacancy has arisen for a position of Registered Nurse 2IC in the new High Care Unit at Life Wilgers Hospital, situated in Pretoria. The above position reports to the Unit Manager. The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning of this unit and ensure quality nursing care to all patients.
- Critical Outputs
- Conduct basic duties as allocated by the Unit Manager.
- Ensuring that unit is run according to acceptable legal standards.
- Maintaining excellent patient and customer care in accordance with Life Healthcare standards.
- Maintaining sound relationships and communication with patients, relatives and the multi-disciplinary team.
- Building professional relationships with doctors and therapists to promote patient-doctor interaction.
- Maintaining all Health, Safety and Infection Control Standards.
- Assist the Unit Manager to manage the unit’s budget, incl. control and maintenance of equipment, pharmacy stock, under / over recovery, stock holding, gross profit margins and debtors days.
- Assist with the effective management of the Ward Management System and CBT.
- Must provide vaccination certificate
- Must be a Registered High Care Qualified Nurse and be registered with SANC.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a High Care environment.
- Competencies required: Strong customer orientation, team player, very energetic, well organised.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong inter-personal skills required and proven leadership abilities a pre-requisite.
- Flexi hours - day and night shifts.
- Closing date
- Wednesday, May 18, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.