Registered Nurse 2IC - CICU
- Life Wilgers Hospital
- Registered Nurse 2IC - CICU
A vacancy has arisen for a position of Registered Nurse 2ic in the CICU Unit at Life Wilgers Hospital, situated in Pretoria. The above position reports to the Unit Manager. The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning of this unit and ensure quality nursing care to all patients.
- Critical Outputs
- Conduct basic duties as allocated by the Unit Manager.
- Ensuring that unit is run according to acceptable legal standards.
- Maintaining excellent patient and customer care in accordance with Life Healthcare standards.
- Maintaining sound relationships and communication with patients, relatives and the multi-disciplinary team.
- Building professional relationships with doctors and therapists to promote patient-doctor interaction.
- Maintaining all Health, Safety and Infection Control Standards.
- Assist the Unit Manager to manage the unit’s budget, incl. control and maintenance of equipment, pharmacy stock, under / over recovery, stock holding, gross profit margins and debtors days.
- Assist with the effective management of the Ward Management System and CBT.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate all training courses relevant to ICU.
- Must be a Registered ICU Qualified Nurse and be registered with SANC.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Cardiac ICU environment.
- Previous training facilitation experience will be a definite advantage.
- Competencies required: Strong customer orientation, team player, very energetic, well organized.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong inter-personal skills required and proven leadership abilities a pre-requisite.
- Flexi hours - day and night shifts.
- 012 807 8174
- Closing date
- Tuesday, November 30, 2021
NB: indicate position in the subject line of the email.
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.