Registered Nurse (1North)
- Life The Glynnwood Hospital
- Registered Nurse (1North)
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse in the Orthopedic Ward 1North, based at Life The Glynnwood Hospital, reporting to the Unit Manager, Michelle Govender. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of quality patient care.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure professional, ethical practice in the unit
- Provide and supervise nursing care in accordance with legislation that directly and indirectly governs nursing practice
- Accept accountability and responsibility for own professional actions
- Ensure the provision of competent, clinical nursing care in the unit
- Use the scientific process of nursing to initiate and manage comprehensive nursing care plans that will ensure quality nursing care
- Coordinate and supervise nursing activities of members of the healthcare team who provide basic care
- Utilise available management tools and strategies to enhance patient experience through continuing quality improvement initiatives e.g. CFS
- Build professional relationships with the members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Cooperate fully with the members of the multi-disciplinary team and independently delivering nursing care
- Assist in the management of complaints from members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Safe Environment: Assist in maintaining an environment which is both emotionally and physically safe
- Utilise available management tools and participate in pro active management strategies to ensure an emotionally and physically safe patient environment e.g. SHEQ and infection control
- Utilise and supervise adherence to interdepartmental requirements with regard to stock management, case management and billing.
- Assist in the performance management of the unit staff. e.g coaching and mentor staff.
- Assist in staff development through the provision of appropriate on the job in-service education
- Must be a Registered Nurse and registered with SANC.
- Experience in Orthopaedic Ward
- Competencies required: team player, very energetic, well organised and punctual.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Good inter-personal skills required. Respect patient and staff confidentiality.
- Must be able to work Flexi hours, call, chronic and acute
- Candidate must be vaccinated for COVID-19
- Driver’s license
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading my example (Key for Managers)
- Motivating and developing people(Key for Managers)
- Closing date
- Thursday, May 19, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.